Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Bouldering / Exploring in South Lake Tahoe

Hi everyone, I finally have enough photos to warrant starting a blog. My friends and I have been exploring the south lake tahoe area and finding lots of amazing new boulders. I am really hoping to provide as many photos as possible about the process of looking / cleaning and trying to climb these new lines. 


me on the rapture (v10/11), photo: Natasha Barnes
the top out, photo: Brad Perry
Ben Polanco on a quick 2nd ascent

Natasha Barnes, so close on this go, better temps will help a lot!! photo: Anthony Lapomardo
v12ish project
possible crux move, going to a slopey small sidepull.
the forbidden project, v13+ - although this wall looks amazing - the holds are fragile and a few broke as we were working the moves. I do think that they have settled in, and feel solid - this does take away from the overall quality - still a very good line though.
Josh Neuman trying the 2nd move of the forbidden project! photo: Brad Perry
Anson Whitmer making the FA of the stand: the pale king  (v6), photo Brad Perry
Another project (dubbed the bonzai project) in the v13+ range - on a huge overhung boulder! photo: Carolyn
slopemaster Anson sticking a bad slopey rail.
Josh trying one of the moves
me trying a move

Carolyn climbing a highball slab

photos were taken by Natasha, Brad and Carolyn. Thanks so much to everyone for having spent time discovering these bp's. I am excited for july 4th weekend to come back up!!

2 comments:

  1. Vitaly, great pics. I like the new blog. I'm glad to see other people realizing the amazing potential around here. The projects you guys have found look amazing. Keep it up man. Tahoe will probably never stop producing these awesome lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Psyched to see some more Tahoe action. Let's keep it up!

    ReplyDelete